Red cropped Jeans from Express, Black Button-down shirt from Target, Cream braided belt from Events (a local boutique)
Disco ball earrings by Jessica Simpson via TJ Maxx, Bardot Spiral bracelet and Rio Triple Strand Coin necklace from Stella & Dot, and these chic leopard print booties are from PAYLESS (shocker?!)
I love mixing patterns even with my jewelry. This gold vintage inspired necklace and bracelet set from Stella & Dot gives this striped dress from The Limited and royal blue jacket a dose of elegance.
The look is still edgy and down to earth with a pair of stappy sandals. I will definitely file this in my go to looks for summer into fall…
Like most people I am loving this beautiful sunny weather. All the fashion possibilities that come with a new season have me feeling truly inspired. Spring is my favorite season because of all the bright and creative fashions. Every winter the world seems to get sucked into a black and blue abyss of clothing but as soon as the sun and heat comes around everyone’s true colors start to show. I love that even men are expressing themselves through color with brightly hued ties and polos.
Today is the first day of Spring and my OOTD totally welcomes the cool mornings and warm afternoons in south Georgia.
I have to apologize for the brief hiatus from my blog but I promise that I have been up to a whole lot of good. At the start of the year, I created a 2012 wishlist and I have been steadily seeing my goals and dreams come to fruition in just these few past months. For starters, I landed an amazing job as an Media Advertising Exec at a local newspaper and magazine publisher. I am also continuing my education completely online as well at Georgia Southern University on top of being a family woman. These are the primary reasons for my absence from the blog-o-sphere. But I think that they deserved my undivided attention and devotion.
It has been quite a transition and I have been so blessed with a supportive family (including my co-workers) especially my two boys and Mister. They truly keep me grounded and give me the daily motivation to excel at everything that I do.
With all of that said, I am back and ready to put my passion for writing, fashion, beauty and all things fabulous back on my priority list. One of the best lessons that I have learned since starting my new career is to simplify whenever possible and that means saying no or doing absolutely nothing if it isn’t in my heart to do.
I hope that you will stay with me as I take this journey…
I rarely ever do anything special to celebrate my birthday but this year I am doing a lot of things differently including taking the time to celebrate special dates and accomplishments that mean something to me. I had a lovely evening in Savannah, GA., one of America’s most beautiful cities
Kyoto Sushi House prepared a beautiful and tasty selection of Sashimi and Salmon Rolls.
I chose a cream lace dress to pair with cognac open-toe sandals. Unfortunately it ended up being a really chilly night, so, I had to add the chocolate tights to keep warm. The feather earrings plus the gold and turquoise accessories give this look a bohemian feel that is totally me.
This is my Wish List for 2012…because resolutions like rules are made to be broken.
1. Visit my grandmothers in Mississippi. I have not seen them since the summer of 2010 and that is just way to long to not see the women that are the reason that I am alive to begin with.
2. Travel, often. I want to leave my footprints in as many places as I possibly can. Most especially I want to travel to Mexico, NYC, Las Vegas, L.A., New Orleans, Bali, Italy, Greece, and Paris, France.
3. Write and Style a photo shoot for a local or national magazine publication. I would love to be apart of creating an article on fashion in the south.
4. Go to see a Broadway Musical. Warhorse would be awesome.
5. Be blessed with a career in fashion writing and/or marketing with a lucrative salary.
6. I’ll become a yoga instructor while I work on getting my big break in fashion, writing, or marketing. Seriously, I have grown to love yoga with its many healing qualities and I’d love to share the practice with as many people as possible.
7. Learn to use Photoshop and InDesign. I am going to take a class at SCAD- Savannah, GA to learn photoshop and spend as much time as possible teaching myself InDesign both of which I bought months ago but never used.
8. Play and Laugh with my sons everyday! And read to them every night…they both love stories SO much.
9. Spend more time outside experiencing the beauty of the world and nature.
10. Be Happier, Healthier, and Kind-er!
“The future of fashion is really about nurturing the students, and not that long ago, I was a student.”- Jason Wu
One of the most exciting collaborations in 2012 has to be Jason Wu for Target. In February, the designer debuts his exquisitely designed and well-edited 53 piece collection. Here is a glimpse at the few photos that have been circulating online since the news broke only a few days ago.
Although the entire line is much smaller than the Missoni for Target collection that shut down Target’s website last winter with the debut of nearly 400 pieces, Jason Wu for Target is never the less just as awe-inspiring. Expect a focus on classic navy stripes and girly girl florals, perfect for sophisticated fashion-lovers on a budget.
Jason Wu for Target, $19 to $60, launches in stores February 5.
Photos: Courtesy of Target
We’ll drink a cup of kindness yet for times gone by…
As the New Year is fast-approaching I would like to wish you all nothing more than the happiest of celebrations surrounded by friends and family with lots of love, laughter, and peace. I hope that 2012 brings you all many blessings…in love…health…finances…and whatever your heart desires. Be safe and see you next year!
With love…Happy New Year,
Quote above from Auld Lang Syne by Robert Burns. Here is a beautiful rendition by Mairi Campbell and Dave Francis that you may have heard on the Sex and The City Movie.